So, you’re going bald, or your hair is thinning and receding…?
There’s a perfect solution to your hair anxiety:
Shave your head.
That’s right: shave your head clean. There’s a whole world out there of bald men, and bald has never been more popular and accepted. Why not join them?
All you need are the right tools, namely, the best balding clippers, which are none other than the Oster Classic 76 Universal Motor Clipper .
Yes, you could use a razor, but clippers have several advantages over a razor, including that they get the job done faster and that they’re designed to cut close to the scalp. You’ll have less irritation and ingrown hairs.
And be honest with yourself:
Does a receding hairline or horseshoe-shaped patch of hair look better than a nice, clean head?
Here’s a look at the best clippers for balding.
Balding Beards is reader-supported. When you buy through external links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
|Oster Classic 76 Universal Motor Clipper||Check on Amazon →|
|Wahl Balding 5 Star Series Clipper||Check on Amazon →|
|Conair Even Cut Dual Blade Clippers||Check on Amazon →|
|Andis T-Outliner Trimmer||Check on Amazon →|
The 4 best balding clippers 2020
Oster combines versatility with an old-school barbershop look with its Classic 76 Universal Motor Clipper. It’s also a high-quality grooming tool that gets the job done.
The Classic 76 features a powerful single-speed motor that can help you cut with ease, and it’s a tool that’s ideal for any barber, but also for do-it-yourselfers. It has a compact design that fits easily into the hand, and its textured housing provides an easy grip.
Another nice feature of the Classic 76 is that it works with a variety of cutting blades, which makes it highly versatile. You can even use to trim other areas of your body, such as your chest, underarms, and back.
It also comes with a 9-foot cord – which powers the electromagnetic motor – that provides all the mobility and maneuverability you need, whether you’re in the barbershop or your bathroom.
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY THIS CLIPPER
- It works with a variety of cutting blades, which makes it more versatile than many other clippers.
- It features a single-speed motor that provides all the power you need.
- It has an ergonomic design that doesn’t cause hand or wrist fatigue.
WHY YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE THIS CLIPPER
- It’s heavier than some other clippers.
- It’s fairly expensive, but you may find that its quality justifies the cost.
Wahl’s 5-Star Balding Clippers are a fantastic option for the thin-haired man. Not only are they a great quality product, they have many specific features great for achieving a smooth, safe head-shave.
They feature German-mulled titanium blade, boosted by a skin-friendly design and a smooth steel base and rounded cutting attachment, which means you’ll have no fear of nicking or irritating your skin – which, let’s be honest, would be pretty horrible on the top of your head!
They cut with surgical precision, which means you won’t end up walking around with bits of wispy hair poking about or (god forbid!) a totally uneven head-stubble. And they run on a fierce electromagnetic motor which helps them cut twice as speedily as most clippers.
Not only that, but they come with oil, a cleaning brush and detailed instructions for care and use, making this a really sweet set that provides everything you need to get shaving.
Plus the 8-foot power cord is completely chemical-resistant and allows you to remain mobile and agile when you’re doing your thing. And it looks great too, which is never a bad thing.
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY THIS CLIPPER:
- They are used by professionals and provide the kind of powerful performance you’d expect professionals to demand
- Great for precision cutting and won’t be too rough on your precision dome’s skin
- Comes with its own cleaning brush, which makes for easy maintenance – and that’s never more important than when you’re shaving your noggin!
WHAT YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE ABOUT THIS CLIPPER:
- It’s on the pricier side of things, that’s for sure!
As far as shaving your head goes, for lots of men the key really is speed and ease. If that describes your basic attitude to keeping your head nice and clean, the Conair Even Cut Dual Blades Cordless clippers might just be for you.
They are designed with a smart dual blade system, whereby the user simply rolls the clippers back and forth to achieve an incredibly quick, and surprisingly thorough cut. So all you need to do is pull them out, roll them across your head, and you’ll get rid of any unwanted hair in no time at all.
The speed is, of course, very pleasant. But there’s also a real pleasure to the actual process – it’s almost like having a head massage. And the ergonomic design makes the clippers very comfortable and pleasant to hold.
The Conairs also boast unusually good battery life: 3 hours when fully charged. And because they’re cordless, you get that extra level of freedom and mobility that lots of men really need when shaving their heads.
The reason they have such a good battery is the Lithium Ion Technology they run on, which is also what gives them really good motor power.
WHY YOU NEED THIS SHAVE NOW
- It’s a fantastically easy to use and efficient shaver, which will help you get the results you need and keep your head feeling smooth.
- It also feels great to use and is very affordable.
BUT THIS SHAVE ISN’T FOR ME IF
- You want a super close shave. The reality is, at this price, you can’t expect a truly close shave.
It sounds like the name of a heavy metal band. Or the character in an action film.
While not quite as sexy and showbizzy as its name suggests, the T-Blade is an integral part of the Andis T-Outliner Trimmer.
If you’re a man looking for a close shave – for both your head and beard – then you’ll like what the T-Blade has to offer.
The T-Outliner Trimmer’s blade provides close cutting for a variety of tasks: keeping your bald head looking clean, trimming necks, beards, and mustaches, and edging around your ears (a task not every trimmer handles well.)
Indeed, its versatility is one of many reasons to like the T-Outliner Trimmer, as well as putting it in the “elite” category of trimmers.
Moreover, you have to give props to its carbon-steel blades, which provide long cutting life and produce the same results as you’d get from a standard razor in both wet and dry conditions.
But there’s more. Much more.
- Its patented T-Blade system gets plenty of kudos, but the Andis T-Outliner Trimmer is hardly a one-trick pony. For one, its ergonomic design makes for easy maneuverability and easy access to hard-to-get spots, such as around the ears and the neckline area.
- The fine teeth of its blades enable the kind of close-cutting that lets you keep your scalp clean and beautifully bald.
- It comes with an 8-foot cord that makes it easy to move around freely.
- The T-Outliner has a powerful magnetic motor that runs quietly and stays cool.
WHY YOU WOULD BUY THE ANDIS T-OUTLINER TRIMMER
- What you have to like about this trimmer is its ability to handle a lot of different jobs. We’re talking about keeping your head clean-shaven in this post, but we’d be remiss not to mention the T-Outliner’s handiness for other facial hair tasks.
- In short, this trimmer has become a go-to choice for both professional barbers and guys like you who want to use the best tools for your personal grooming. We don’t blame you. The Andis T-Outliner Trimmer certainly can be one of those tools for you.
- The folks at Andis know their stuff. Their products are available in 90 countries, and they make everything from trimmers for animal grooming to wall-mounted hair dryers that you’ll find in hotel room bathrooms.
WHY THE ANDIS T-OUTLINER TRIMMER MIGHT MAKE YOU GO “MEH”
- Of course, we think you’ll like this trimmer, but – you know the drill – there’s accounting for personal taste.
- That said, the Andis T-Outliner is slightly heavier than other trimmers, and its contoured housing can become uncomfortable at times. It also doesn’t come with a carrying case.
What are balding clippers exactly?
Just to be clear, when we’re talking about “balding” clippers, we mean those clippers that are meant to produce a clean-shaven head and/or are good for head shaving.
Here’s how we chose the best balding clippers of 2020
So, you may be asking, “What separates these four clippers from every other clipper out there?”
The answer is “a combination of things”. Dependability. The closeness of the shave. The blades. The ease of use. The battery. Versatility. Personal experience.
No, we haven’t tried every clipper out there. If only we had that kind of time.
However, we’ve done a ton of research, read volumes of reviews, and personally used those that we think are high quality.
The bottom line is that we think you’ll be pleased with any one of these fine clippers.
Have any thoughts, questions about our choice of balding clipper, or clippers you’ve tried? We encourage your comments.