So, you’re going bald, or your hair is thinning and receding?
There’s a perfect solution to your hair anxiety:
Shave your head.
That’s right, shave your head clean. There’s a whole world out there of bald men, and bald has never been more popular and accepted. Why not join them?
All you need are the right tools, namely, the best balding clippers, which are none other than the Wahl 5-Star Balding Clipper 8110
Yes, you could use a razor, but clippers have several advantages over a razor, including that they get the job done faster, and that they’re designed to cut close to the scalp. You’ll have less irritation and ingrown hairs.
And be honest with yourself.
Does a receding hairline or horseshoe-shaped patch of hair look better than a nice clean head?
Here’s a look at the best clippers for balding:
- The best balding clippers 2018
- What are balding clippers exactly?
- Here’s how we chose the best balding clippers of 2018
The best balding clippers 2018
It only makes sense, right?
That is, a great balding clipper designed to do just that – trim bald heads.
It seems obvious enough, but many clippers/trimmers on the market are designed to do a multitude of things. Wahl’s 5-Star Balding Clipper is for anyone who’s going bald and comes with settings for:
- When your hair is gone
- When your hair is almost gone
That’s it, folks. You’ll get a super-clean shave that ensures your inclusion in the “bald is beautiful” club.
Breaking down the Wahl 5-Star 8110
Let’s take a closer look at Wahl’s top-of-the-line balding clipper:
- First, this clipper is professional-grade and intended for professional use. It’s a must-have in barbershops and comes with a powerful motor that allows barbers to get through appointments quickly. Not that they’re rushing, mind you.
- As mentioned, the Wahl 8110 comes with two blade settings: 1/16th and 3/16th.
- Its surgical blades ensure close crop shaving off your scalp. Be forewarned: the blades are sharp, so make sure you’re comfortable with this clipper before you shave someone else’s head.
- It comes with an 8-foot professional grade cord, two attachment combs, oil, a cleaning brush, blade guard, and an instruction booklet to help you get started.
- The Wahl 8110’s electromagnetic motor cuts at twice the speed of pivot motors.
Why You Should Buy This Clipper
There’s a lot to love about what is the best Wahl balding clippers.
For one, it cuts hair very easily and quickly thanks to its powerful motor. You can get extremely close with Wahl 8110 and remove virtually all visible hair.
We love its comfortable grip and its long cord that allows you to move around with ease.
We also like the fact that its two guards are good for fading the back of the neck and sides of the head. And we like the fact that Wahl’s clippers are durable. The 8110 will last you a long time.
What You Might Not Like About This Clipper
Cleaning the Wahl 8110 can be a chore because you can’t just rinse it with water. To deep clean it, you need to remove the shaving head with a screwdriver.
We already touched on the fact that Wahl’s blades are very sharp. That’s a good thing, but take extra caution when using the 8110, especially if you’re a neophyte to the clipping game.
A company that sets itself apart from the others usually does two things:
First, they have quality products and services.
Second, they’re innovative.
Both traits fit the folks at Remington – who’ve been in the shaving a game a long time – and it shows with the HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut kit.
When it comes to the best cordless balding clippers, the HC4250 leads the way with a sleek, stunning design that’s incredibly lightweight and ergonomically friendly. You can put in a lot of hours with this product before your hand gets tired.
In fact, one of the top selling points for the HC4250 is how comfortable it is to use. And quiet. This is the peaceful drive in the park, not the tractor pull down at the local fair.
There’s more, of course:
- The HC4250’s wide, curved blades follow the shape of your head to provide maximum coverage and a close cut. The blades keep things even, not long in spots and short in others.
- It’s cordless, as advertised, and comes with a lithium rechargeable battery that gives you 40 minutes of runtime. It needs a four-hour charge to get it back to full power.
- It comes with nine comb lengths, ranging from 1/16” to 5/8,” to get the exact look you want.
- Its kit also comes with a cleaning brush, charging adaptor, storage/travel pouch, and oil.
- It’s also waterproof, which means you can make a mess and not stress about the cleanup later.
Here’s why you need the Remington HC4250
This is a great clipper for a lot of reasons, including that it’s ideal for a home haircut. Its wide design allows you to cover a large cutting area and get more accomplished with fewer strokes.
Cleaning this bad boy is a breeze, and we’re sure a lot of you like that. You can take it on the road with you and rinse it out in the hotel sink. Or, your sink at home.
Either way, you simply turn on your faucet and watch the mess go down the drain.
What You Might Not Like About the HC4250
The battery’s runtime doesn’t match up with many other trimmers, so you’ll make good use out of your charging adaptor. If you’re a professional barber, 40 minutes of juice just doesn’t cut it, no pun intended.
And even with a plethora of combs, the HC4250s largest comb is still a bit short.
Still can’t decide? This video will provide guidance:
It sounds like the name of a heavy metal band. Or, the character in an action film.
While not quite as sexy and showbizzy as its name suggests, the T-Blade is an integral part of the Andis T-Outliner Trimmer. And if you’re a man looking for a close shave – for both your head and beard – then you’ll like what the T-Blade has to offer.
The T-Outliner Trimmer’s blade provides close cutting for a variety of tasks: keeping your bald head looking clean, trimming necks, beards, and mustaches, and edging around your ears (a task not every trimmer handles well.)
Indeed, it’s versatility is one of many reasons to like the T-Outliner Trimmer, as well as puts it in the “elite” category of trimmers. Moreover, you have to give props to its carbon-steel blades, which provide long cutting life and produce the same results as you’d get from a standard razor in both wet and dry conditions.
But there’s more. Much more.
- Its patented T-Blade system gets plenty of kudos, but the Andis T-Outliner Trimmer is hardly a one-trick pony. For one, it’s ergonomic design makes for easy maneuverability and easy access to hard-to-get spots such as around the ears and the neckline area.
- The fine teeth of its blades enable the kind of close-cutting that enables you to keep your scalp clean and beautifully bald.
- It comes with an 8-foot cord makes it easy to move around freely.
- The T-Outliner has a powerful magnetic motor that runs quietly and cool.
Why You Would Buy The Andis T-Outliner Trimmer
What you have to like about this trimmer is its ability to handle a lot of different jobs. We’re talking about keeping your head clean-shaven in this post, but we’d be remiss not to mention the T-Outliner’s handiness for other facial hair tasks.
In short, this trimmer has become a go-to choice for both professional barbers and guys like you who want to use the best tools for your personal grooming. We don’t blame you. The Andis T-Outliner Trimmer can certainly be one of those tools for you.
The folks at Andis know their stuff. Their products are available in 90 countries, and they make everything from trimmers for animal grooming, to wall mounted hair dryers that you’ll find in hotel room bathrooms.
Why The Andis T-Outliner Trimmer Might Make You Go “Meh”
Of course, we think you’ll like this trimmer but – you know the drill – there’s accounting for personal taste.
That said, the Andis T-Outliner is slightly heavier than other trimmers, and its contoured housing can become uncomfortable at times. It also doesn’t come with a carrying case.
There’s nothing subtle about it.
If there were, Wahl wouldn’t put it in the name of their Lithium Ion Clipper. And the name refers this clipper’s marquee feature – a battery that runs, and runs, and runs some more
When you’re talking Lithium Ion Power, you’re talking about a battery that provides two hours run time. That’s twice the run time of your average clipper.
But the Wahl Lithium Ion #7900-2101 is no average clipper.
It’s not just about the battery, either.
For one, the Lithium Ion Clipper is a versatile tool that’s great for shaving your head, but also handy for trimming sideburns, beards, and mustaches, and for removing neck hair.
You also get a lot of stuff with your Lithium Ion Clipper kit: 14 guide comes, detail trimmer and blade guard, multiple cut clipper, barber comb, styling comb, ear tapers, eyebrow guide, scissors, cleaning brush, and more.
But What’s the Big Deal About the Lithium Ion Battery?
Lithium Ion batteries have become popular because they have several advantages over other types of batteries:
- They’re lighter
- Lithium is highly reactive, meaning that there’s a lot of energy stored in its atomic bonds.
- The typical battery loses 20% of its charge in a month. A lithium ion battery loses only 5% of its charge per month.
- They can handle hundreds of charge/discharge cycles.
OK, but now for the however.
However, lithium ion batteries are like anything else in life, i.e., they’re not perfect.
One of their disadvantages, for example, is that they begin degrading the minute they leave the factory. You’ll get three years of use out of them, tops, whether you use them or not.
Also, if you completely discharge a lithium ion battery, it’s toast. Goodbye battery.
So Why Should You Buy the Wahl Lithium Ion Clipper?
You’ll love the fact that the Wahl Lithium Ion is cordless and provides complete freedom of mobility. You’ll also appreciate that it has plenty of power and will shave your head as well as a standard razor.
And, you’ll love its versatility.
And, of course, it’s long-lasting charge.
Why You Might Not Like the Wahl Lithium Ion Clipper
The Wahl Lithium Ion Clipper comes with a detail clipper – which is cool – but it uses AA batteries, not the mighty lithium ion.
Additionally, some reviewers say the clipper’s body doesn’t have good grips.
What are Balding Clippers exactly?
Just to be clear, when we’re talking about “balding” clippers we mean those clippers that are meant to produce a clean-shaven head and/or are good for head shaving.
Here’s How We Chose the Best Balding Clippers of 2018
So, you may be asking, what separates these four clippers from every other clipper out there?
The answer is: a combination of things. Dependability. The closeness of the shave. The blades. The ease of use. The battery. Versatility. Personal experience.
No, we haven’t tried every clipper out there. If only we had that kind of time.
However, we’ve done a ton of research, read volumes of reviews, and personally used those that we think are high quality.
The bottom line is that we think you’ll be pleased with any one of these fine clippers.
Have any thoughts, questions about our choice of balding clipper or clippers you’ve tried? We encourage your comments.