If you’re thinking about shaving your head clean – or already are – you need the best tools.
A quality electric shaver qualifies as one of those tools. But, not just any electric shaver.
What you truly need is an electric shaver just for your head.
An electric head shaver is a must-have for men who desire a bald head. You can use regular electric shavers, but they won’t get the job done like a shaver just for your head. Trust us.
That said, our mission was to find the “best electric head shaver 2019, ” and we’ve done that with the Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro leading the pack.
We’ve also come with four other electric head shavers that we think you’ll also like a lot. Let’s get started:
- The 5 best electric head shavers for men
- Can you shave your head with an electric razor? Really?
- What exactly are electric head shavers?
- How the best head shavers were selected
The 5 Best Electric Head Shavers For Men 2019
Gentlemen, here they are, the 5 best electric head shavers 2019:
A lot of questions come to mind when we think about electric shavers:
- Does it provide a close shave?
- Does the battery last a long time?
- Is it noisy?
But do we think about the part of our body that is most responsible for its use?
Maybe. Maybe not.
Indeed, how a shaver feels in your hand is a vital consideration. And that’s one reason why we like the Remington HC4250 so much.
- It fits easily into your hand. There’s nothing clunky or hard-to-handle about it.
- It has a rubber grip for maximum control. After all, no one wants a shaver that’s going to slip out of their hand and end up on the bathroom floor (hopefully not in a million pieces).
Of course, there’s much more to the Remington HC4250 than just its grip. It is, after all, the best electric head shaver. But we’d be remiss if we didn’t mention its grip.
There’s plenty more to like about it, however:
- The HC4250 has an extra-wide curved blade that closely follows the contour of your head to provide a close, even cut.
- It’s versatile and has everything you need to get a quality haircut from the comfort of your home, including:
- Nine length combs (from 1/16” to 5/8”).
- A cleaning brush and oil.
- It’s available for cord and cordless use.
- A lithium rechargeable battery with 40 minutes of cordless runtime. The Remington HC4250 can also be used with a cord and comes with a charging adaptor. A full charge takes four hours – which isn’t bad at all when compared to other shavers.
- It’s 100% washable with water. That’s always a great feature and makes cleaning your shaver so much easier (with so little mess).
Why You Need This Shaver. Now.
While not professional grade – technically – the Remington HC4250 is the best cordless head shaver for the rest of us. Its stainless steel blades are high quality, ensuring a close, clean shave every time.
And we’ve already touched on its shape and how easily it fits into your hand. Moreover, you can clean it under the faucet for maximum convenience.
Oh, and it’s also quiet. That’s great if you’re one of those who grumpily emerges into the land of the living each morning.
But This Shaver Isn’t For Me Because
Nothing’s perfect, including this excellent shaver.
- While the battery is nothing to snicker about, it’s not as long-lasting as those in other models.
- Finally, its largest comb is still a bit short.
But, the truth is, there’s a lot more to like about this shaver than there isn’t. A whole lot more. We wouldn’t rank it this highly if there were.
You and your skull can rest easy because this pitbull doesn’t bite. Instead, the Pitbull Silver Shaver by Skull Shaver IPX5 gives you a smooth, close shave without irritating the skin and is capable of wet and dry shaving.
The Pitbull shaver represents the newest line – and third generation – of quality Skull Shaver products. They rebuilt it from the ground up while radically improving on previous versions with an additional emphasis on durability and quality.
Skull Shaver’s commitment to improving on an already good product resulted in a 20% improvement in blade power, as well as extending its overall cutting range by 10%. The Pitbull comes with five moving shaver heads that are larger than those found on many other head shavers. The shaving heads allow you to shave comfortably in any direction, whether it’s up and down, side-to-side, or in circles.
They also help prevent nicks and cuts, which we know you’ll love. Again, this is a pitbull that won’t bite.
As mentioned, you can use the Pitbull Silver Shaver for dry or wet shaving. While you should never submerge it into the water fully, it’s perfectly safe for use in the shower.
You’ll also love its ergonomic design and how it fits easily into your hand to help make the job of shaving your skull much easier. You can grip it in a variety of ways, which makes it more comfortable for shaving in areas such as around the lower and upper parts of your head.
The Pitbull Silver comes with a high-quality lithium-ion battery that provides up to 30 minutes of cordless shaving time on a single charge, while a LED light indicator lets you know when you’re running low on battery power.
It’s also easy to clean thanks to a built-in vacuum system that collects all of the hair within the shaver, or you can buy the Skull Shaver rinse stand separately. In either case, it’s always a good idea to clean the blades regularly.
You Need to Buy This Shaver Because:
Some companies “improve” upon an already good product in a way that shows no improvement at all. That’s not so with the folks at Skull Shaver, who upgraded their Pitbull shaver in a way that makes it easier to use and provides an even cleaner, close shave.
The Pitbull works quickly, covers a larger area of your head, and doesn’t require you to go over the same spot several times.
This Shaver Might Not Be For You Because:
The Pitbull is an excellent shaver, no question, but you might not get optimal use from it if you let your hair “stubble” grow a bit longer before shaving it.
There’s nothing wrong with old school. But if you can combine old school with new school technology, then you’re onto something.
Enter Wahl’s 8061-100 5-Star Series Shaver Shaper.
The Shaver Shaper has a classic look that’s right out of the 1950s because of its rectangular-shaped case and a large on-off button that’s impossible to miss. And it comes with wide foil-style shaving blades.
Of course, any best head shaver review wouldn’t be complete without something from Wahl – whose products have garnered attention with good reason (i.e., they’re high-quality).
Let’s take a closer look at the 5-Star Series Shaver Shaper:
- You’ll like the 8061-100’s versatility. It’s great for our primary purpose here – shaving your head – but it’s handy for shaving your face, neck, and beard if you so desire.
- Lightweight and easy to handle.
- It’s affordable.
- You can use it both with a cord and without, and its hypoallergenic shaving foil makes it suitable for any skin type.
- You’ll get a close shave with the Wahl 8061-100 without needing to apply a ton of pressure.
- The foil head makes it easier to trim your sideburns and beard.
Another reason to like the Wahl 5-Star Series Shaver Shaper is that it works well with different hair types – from super fine to thick and coarse. That said, it’s not ideal for trimming longer hair.
Time to Get the Wahl 8061-100 5-Star Series Shaver Shaper Because:
If you don’t need a lot of frills but still want a shaver that gets the job done, then you need to check out the 5-Star Series Shaver Shaper. You’re not going to get a fancy LED screen. But you will get a shaver that does what you want it to do.
You’re Better Off Shopping For Another Shaver Because:
For the same reason some men like it – it doesn’t come with a lot of fancy stuff. There aren’t a lot of bells and whistles compared to other shavers. But you get a lot for the price.
This first thing someone will ask is why you bought a toy.
“What’s with the toy ATV in your bathroom?” he or she will say.
But that’s the thing with the HeadBlade ATX All Terrain Head Razor: it looks like a toy, comes packaged in a way that would make a child giddy to find it under the Christmas tree, and, to be honest, looks like fun.
The thing is, however, it’s a working razor.
A razor that comes with two wheels in front, a blade on the back, and a body that resembles an all-terrain vehicle.
Pretty cool, huh?
And, yes, it does look cool, and it’s unlike any razor you’ll see. But it’s not a novelty – this is a razor that works.
Here’s the other thing: Unlike other razors, which you pull over your scalp, the Head Blade ATX All Terrain Head Razor is pushed.
Let’s break it down:
First, let’s clear up any confusion. The HeadBlade ATX All Terrain Head Razor is a standard razor – not an electric shaver. It uses pivoting twin blades and can be used to shave other parts of your face and body (you’ll just have to adjust the blade to face the opposite direction).
But “razor” is synonymous with “close shave” and that’s what you’ll get with the HeadBlade ATX. Once you get the hang of it – the push rather than pull part – you’ll experience little irritation while getting a clean shave. It’s fun once you’ve mastered it.
Yes, you could use a standard disposable razor, but one of the many advantages of the HeadBlade ATX is that you don’t have to use a bunch of short strokes to get the job done. Instead, you can take longer, more even strokes without applying considerable pressure.
The wheels? They’re not just for show, mind you, but they’re designed to follow the contour of your scalp as you take those nice, smooth strokes.
This video shows how it’s done:
Why it’s Time to Buy This Razor
If you like unique things, you’ll like this razor. It’s the kind of thing you can show off when friends are over: “Hey, you have to take a look at my razor!”
How many other razors garner that kind of attention?
It’s also a serious grooming tool. It’s designed to use quality blades – specifically, Schick Ultrex or Gillette Atra – and you’ll get a clean shave without a lot of irritation.
The other thing is this: the HeadBlade company’s sole purpose is to create products that make shaving your head easier.
However (isn’t there always a however?).
The HeadBlade ATX takes some getting used to because it’s so unique from any other razor. Mastering the proper movements takes practice, at least for most users, and some have found it to be too awkward. It also takes finesse to shave around your ears and other parts of your head and face.
The pros at Wahl aren’t new to this game.
Founding Father Leo J. Wahl – we are not worthy – invented the first hand-held electric clipper nearly 100 years ago. Today, his company continues to deliver on its promise of reasonably-priced products that provide great value.
Needless to say, the Wahl Professional 5-Star Balding Clipper follows in that tradition.
Considered a must-have in barbershops, the Wahl 5-Star Balding Clipper delivers high-performance with a powerful electromagnetic motor that cuts at twice the speed of pivot motors. It also delivers a cut described as “surgically close.”
Indeed, any list of the best tools to shave your head would include the Wahl 5-Star Balding Clipper.
Why You Need This Clipper
Attributes aren’t hard to find when taking a close look at the 5-Star Balding Clipper:
- With twice the speed as most over shavers, the Wahl 5-Star Balding Clipper cuts hair very easily and you’ll remove virtually all the visible hair on your scalp. The folks at Wahl promise that you’ll get a closer shave than you would with a razor blade.
- It comes with an 8-foot cord that provides the maneuverability needed in a professional barbershop setting.
- The 5-Star Balding Clipper comes with two guards (1/16” and 3/16”), a barber’s comb, and a pre-shave brush.
- The guards are especially helpful for fading the sides of the head and backs of the neck.
- *The Wahl 5-Star Balding Clipper runs very quietly even with its powerful motor.
- Durability isn’t an issue. This clipper should last you a long time.
- The price is right: the Wahl 5-Star Balding Clipper is also the best budget electric head shaver.
Why This Clipper Might Not Be For You
The blades on this bad boy are extremely sharp – it’s designed for the pros – so you need to take caution if you’re using it at home.
Also, you can’t rinse the 5-Star Balding Clipper with water for a deep cleaning. Instead, you have to remove the head with a screwdriver.
Can You Shave Your Head With an Electric Razor? Really?
Yes. And yes.
The rest of the story, as they say, is that electric razors have several advantages over manual razors when it comes to shaving your head:
- They’re faster
- They reduce cuts and ingrown hairs
- They don’t require shaving cream, gel, or soap.
- You can use it in a variety of locations, not just in your bathroom at home
- Most have cordless capabilities, which is another reason they’re so good on-the-go.
True, there is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to using an electric razor on your head. No, it’s not rocket science, but – to borrow a well-worn cliché – practice makes perfect.
One way to get the best results from your electric razor is by using a circular motion as your shaving your scalp. It’s a pattern that adjusts to the contour of your head, will decrease the number of nicks and cuts, and will provide the cleanest look when you’re finished.
Here’s another tip: Shave your head after a hot shower when your hairs are softer.
What Exactly Are Electric Head Shavers?
Electric shavers are, as the name suggests, electric shavers designed for your scalp. They’ve become more popular in recent years as the bald look has become more acceptable and suitable for many, many men.
Electric shavers generally fit into two categories: foil and rotary:
- Foil shavers have metallic foil on the shaving head that draws the hair inward toward the cutting blades. Foil shavers are better for sensitive skin.
- Rotary shavers have blades that cut in a circular motion and follow the contour of your head as you shave.
The good news is that advances in electric shaver technology have made it easier for men to shave their heads. And using an electric shaver designed for your scalp will ensure that you’re getting the closest cut possible.
How the Best Head Shavers Were Selected
While we did a ton of research, there’s simply not enough time to test every head shaver on the market. But, rest assured, we did our homework. Finding the best electric head shaver took into account several factors, including personal experience and customer reviews.
We’re confident in our selections, and we think any of the products listed above will give you the kind of close, clean shave that you desire (and deserve).
Let Us Know!
We’re always looking for feedback and welcome your comments and suggestions. What are your experiences with electric head shavers? Or, your thoughts on any of the topics and reviews we cover here?